Carbon Monoxide Forces Wal-Mart Evacuation

Sunday, Jan 5, 2014  |  Updated 3:11 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Carbon Monoxide Forces Wal-Mart Evacuation

via @JaredGRuderman

via @JaredGRuderman

advertisement

A Wal-Mart in Laurel, Md., was evacuated early Sunday due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The fire department says firefighters got an unrelated call about an injured employee Sunday morning when they detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide. All customers and employees were escorted out of the store.

A fire department spokesman says a malfunctioning heating unit caused the leak.

No one was believed to have been harmed by the CO leak. The injured employee was taken to a hospital.

The store is located in Anne Arundel County, near Route 198 and East Russett Road. The store re-opened about 2 hours later.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out