Carbon Monoxide Forces 150 Out of Their Homes

Saturday, Oct 5, 2013  |  Updated 1:30 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Carbon Monoxide Forces 150 Out of Their Homes

Shutterstock

advertisement

Carbon monoxide in an apartment complex sent 8 people to the hospital and forced 150 from their homes Saturday morning.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue were called to the 5000 block of Battery Lane in Bethesda, Md., for reports of several people being sick. Officials said when they arrived, they evacuated the building and began treating people.

Eight people were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Officials said someone was working on a generator in the building, which caused carbon monoxide to build up in the apartments.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas produced by gas powered tools. High exposures can be dangerous to humans.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out