Cantor Threat Suspect Not Competent for Trial

Tuesday, Apr 6, 2010  |  Updated 8:31 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Cantor Threat Suspect Not Competent for Trial

AP

advertisement

A Philadelphia man charged with threatening a ranking congressman in an Internet video has multiple personalities and is not currently competent to stand trial, prosecutors said.

A federal magistrate is sending 38-year-old Norman Leboon to a prison hospital in North Carolina for psychiatric testing.

He made a video last month threatening Rep. Eric Cantor, of Virginia, the No. 2 House Republican, authorities said. They said Leboon believes he is the son of God.

Public defender Kai Scott did not challenge the preliminary incompetency finding at a hearing Tuesday. Leboon could later be found competent to stand trial, the judge said.

Authorities have not linked the video threat to a bullet recently fired through Cantor's campaign office in Richmond. Police have determined that was a random act.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13 Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out