Brunswick Man Dies in Fire

Sunday, Dec 19, 2010  |  Updated 1:15 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Brunswick Man Dies in Fire

A fire at a home on East C Street in Brunswick, Maryland took the life of the building's resident.

Investigators from the Frederick County Medical Examiner identified the body of the man found in the burning house as James Franklin Fox, 56.

The Medical Examiner determined that the cause of death was result of smoke inhalation and that the fire was accidental.

Emergency services received multiple 911 calls around 7:32 p.m on Saturday evening.  Twelve fire companies responded, including units from Loudon County, Virginia, and Jefferson County, West Virginia.

One civilian and one Brunswick City police officer were injured while trying to locate the buildings' occupants, but neither of the injuries are serious.  Both were transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital for observation.

The preliminary investigation indicated that the fire originated at the chimney.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
NBC4's Camp4Kids
NBC4 launched Camp4Kids in 1993,... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out