A fire at a home on East C Street in Brunswick, Maryland took the life of the building's resident.
The Medical Examiner determined that the cause of death was result of smoke inhalation and that the fire was accidental.
One civilian and one Brunswick City police officer were injured while trying to locate the buildings' occupants, but neither of the injuries are serious. Both were transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital for observation.
The preliminary investigation indicated that the fire originated at the chimney.