Why does your nose run when it's cold outside? KidsHealth.org says:
- When it's cold outside, the the air in your nose is a lot warmer than the air around you.
- Water drops condense and mix with mucus in your nose ... And then that runs out your nose.
- All three companies say that you can call 1-800 numbers even if you don't have long distance service.
- There are four toll-free codes: 800, 888, 877 and 866.
- The charge for using a toll-free number is paid by the called party instead of the calling party, which means you can call as many toll-free numbers as you like, free of charge.
Does palm oil contain trans fats? The Center for Science in the Public Interest helped us clear up this question:
- There’s a difference between palm oil and hydrogenated oils that contain trans fats.
- Trans fats are created when an oil like soybean is treated with hydrogen to make a solid.
- Since 2006, the FDA has required manufacturers to list trans fat amounts on product labels.
- Palm oil is an attractive alternative because it is about one-third cheaper than soybean oil and it’s trans fat free.
- However, the CSPI says that palm oil is still considerably less healthful than other vegetable oils and even promotes heart disease.
- It recommends avoiding both types of oils by reading the label carefully and sticking to traditional oils like soy, canola and corn.
Got a question for Ask Liz? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.