Ask Liz: Replacing Lost Documents | NBC4 Washington

Liz Crenshaw's Guide to Consumer Issues, Recalls and More

Ask Liz: Replacing Lost Documents

How to get replacement copies of vital records



    Can't find your birth certificate? What about your marriage certificate?

    If you need to replace a vital record such as these, you need to make a written request to the state or city where the event took place.

    To find out more information about where you should visit the CDC's website.