- Both say that whole grains are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants. Whole grains have many health benefits, including lowering your risk of heart disease.
- A whole grain includes the entire grain kernel, which consists of the bran, germ, and endosperm.
- Whole wheat is a type of whole grain. Other examples include oatmeal and brown rice.
- When parts of the kernel are removed, you end up with refined grains, which have fewer nutrients. Some examples are white flour and white rice.
- The word multi-grain simply means that more than one grain was used in the product. However, the grains aren’t necessarily whole grain.
- And if you’re trying to add more whole grains to your diet, look for foods that show whole grains listed first on the ingredient list. That way, you know the majority of the product is made with whole grains.
Does car insurance cover water damage from flooding? We turned to the Insurance Information Institute, which told us that car owners are covered IF they have comprehensive coverage:
- There are three types of car insurance: liability, collision & comprehensive.
- Comprehensive covers damage to your vehicle caused by a natural disaster such as flooding.
- However, you must have bought comprehensive to be covered.
- And there will be a deductible, which will reduce the amount of damage payment you get.
- The ID information is part of Harris Teeter’s verification process for its VIC card. And VIC stands for "very important customer", by the way.
- The added information also helps Harris Teeter target customers with personalized coupons, offers and rewards.
- But ultimately, it’s just part of Harris Teeter’s policy. However, the policy also states that it will never sell any personal customer information.
Don't miss a new "Ask Liz" every Friday during News4 at 4 and News4 at 5.
Got a question for "Ask Liz"? Send any consumer questions to email@example.com.