Drivers in Northern Virginia experienced detours this weekend as crews began to tear down a bridge that passes over busy Arlington Blvd (Route 50).
Traffic on westbound Arlington Boulevard was directed off the highway as crews demolished the bridge that carries Courthouse Road.
Through 8 p.m. Sunday, westbound drivers will be directed off Arlington Blvd. at 14th street, and take the following detour:
- 14th Street becomes 15th Street.
- Turn left onto Wilson Blvd.
- Turn left onto Washington Blvd.
- Turn left onto 10th Street.
- Turn right back onto westbound Arlington Blvd.
Crews will work for much of the year to then rebuild the bridge, which connects eastbound Arlington Blvd. to Courthouse Rd. VDOT says traffic from Courthouse Rd. trying to get to Arlington Blvd. will be detoured via 14th and Rhodes Streets through August.