WASHINGTON -- A subcontractor working at Metro's Bladensburg Bus Garage died Tuesday, and a preliminary investigation indicates he was electrocuted.
The transit agency says the employee of M&M Welding and Fabricators Inc. was installing wiring for a new air compressor at the garage in northeast Washington.
First aid was administered to the man by Metro employees at the garage at about 8:40 a.m., according to Metro. He was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where he died.
“My heart goes out to his family in their time of loss,” said Metro General Manager John Catoe.
Metro Transit Police are investigating.
Last week, a Metro worker was struck by a piece of machinery and killed while doing repairs. Following that incident, Metro officials said they would review work rules and procedures across the system.