Annandale House Destroyed by Fire

It is unclear if anyone was inside

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A fire fueled by a natural gas line gutted a home early Wednesday in Annandale. 

    The floors inside the brick rancher collapsed, preventing crews from entering the house, which is located at the corner of Royston Street and Bristow Drive. 

    Neighbors gave conflicting information about whether anyone lives in the home or not.  Officials are investigating whether anyone could have been inside when the fire started.

    The bulk of the fire had been put out by 6 a.m. and natural gas service has been cut. 

    Rescue crews will go inside and search as soon as they stabilize the structure and get a little daylight.