Police in Alexandria need help identifying culprits in a series of car dealership burglaries.
In each case, investigators say, there appear to be multiple people involved. Police believe one or two people act as lookouts while one or two others break into the businesses.
Surveillance video captured the crooks in action:
There have been seven burglaries this year:
- February 27 -- Jack Taylor Toyota: Suspect attempted to pry open a service door with tire iron
- March 12 -- Jack Taylor Toyota: Suspect pried open safe and took cash
- March 31 -- Jack Taylor Toyota: Suspect pried open safe and took cash
- June 2 -- Jack Taylor Toyota: Suspect pried open safe and took cash
- June 28 -- Landmark Honda: Two suspects hid in business until closing and attempted to pry open safe, but left without taking anything
- July 9 -- Modern Motors: Vechile seen approaching and leaving dealership after hours, suspects damaged external cameras
- July 14 -- Modern Motors: Two suspects broke-in through bathroom window and removed safe with cash
If you recognize any of the men in the surveillance video you should contact Alexandria police. You can reach Detective Julie Goble at Criminal Investigations Section at (703) 746-6804 or email@example.com.