About 20 Taken to Hospital After HAZMAT Situation in Rockville

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    About 20 people have been taken to the hospital after exposure to fumes in a Rockville building.

    Montgomery County Fire & EMS crews responded to the 9700 block of Key West Avenue shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday for the report of an odor in the building.

    The building was evacuated as a precaution.

    Fire officials believe that an elevator malfunction caused residual fumes throughout the building.

    Those taken to the hospital reported minor nausea and respiratory complaints.

    Follow NBCWashington for the latest anywhere, anytime: iPhone/iPad App | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts