D.C. police say they will activate five new speed cameras on or around Wednesday.
According to a news release, the cameras were placed in areas where "speeding has been identified to be a problem."
Violators will receive warning citations starting Wednesday, but "live" citations will be issued 30 days later.
The cameras will be located in:
- Unit block of 47th Street SE, with speed limit of 25 mph
- 1600 block of Minnesota Avenue SE, with speed limit of 25 mph
- 2700 block of Wade Road SE, with speed limit of 25 mph
- 800 block of Southern Avenue SE, with speed limit of 30 mph
- 800 block of Barnaby Street SE, with speed limit of 25 mph
Just last month, District police installed 24 new speed cameras throughout the city.
See all the new speed camera locations on the map below. The blue markers represent the speed cameras activated on or around Wednesday:
View D.C. New Speed Cameras in a full screen map