How do you spell pressure?
Ask the nearly 300 students taking the stage Wednesday morning for the next round of the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Two hundred and eighty one spellers kicked off the first round of the compeitition Tuesday with computerized vocabulary tests.
Those scores determined who will take the stage Wednesday in the preliminaries at the Gaylord Hotel at the National Harbor.
There are 13 spellers representing the D.C. region.
- Greer R. Marshall of Washington, D.C.
- Nikita Singh of Silver Spring
- Stephen Hochschild of Emmitsburg
- Maddie K. Bowers of Hagerstown
- Tamya Michelle Matthews of Forestville
- Jennifer M. Tennant of Leonardtown
- Selena D. Antosh of Prince Frederick
- Gia Lauren B. Bautista of Salisbury
- Aashka J. Patel of La Plata
- Nicole Seman of Leesburg
- Brianna Bartley of Montross
- Ankita Vadiala of Manassas
- Jae Canetti of Reston
- George Stuart Estep of Berryville
ESPN will broadcast the finals live Thursday night at 8 p.m.