The following recipes were shared by Happy Family (www.happybabyfood.com) at the 2012 NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo. Enjoy!
Apple Oat Muffins
1 c quick-cook oats
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all-purpose flour
3/4 t cinnamon
1 t baking powder
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 c sugar
2 pouches HAPPYTOT Butternut Squash and Apple
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c low-fat milk
4 T oil
1 t vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a standard 12-muffin pan or line with paper
2. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix together HAPPYTOT, egg, milk, vanilla extract, and oil.
4. Combine dry ingredients and wet – fold together until just moistened.
5. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with batter. Bake 15 minutes or until done.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz container of organic cream cheese
1/3 c of powdered sugar
6 oz (1 1/2 pouches) HAPPYBABY Pears
1. Cream ingredients together. Chill.
Green Noodles (aka Super Pesto!)
2 c tightly packed basil
1/2 c olive oil
1/3 c pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 pouch (almost 1/2 c) of HAPPYTOT Broccoli Peas & Pear
1/2 c freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 1/2 lbs pasta
Freshly sliced cherry tomatoes
1. Briefly soak and wash the basil in cold water, and gently pat it thoroughly dry with paper towels.
2. Put the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, chopped garlic, and an ample pinch of salt in a blender or Cuisinart. Blend until mostly chopped.
3. Transfer to a bowl, and mix in HAPPYTOT Broccoli Peas & Pear by hand until fully incorporated.
4. Mix in the grated cheese.
5. Toss with pasta. For a creamier consistency, dilute pesto slightly with a tablespoon or two of the hot water in which the pasta was cooked.
6. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and serve -- hot or cold!
2 pouches (8 oz) HAPPYBABY Pouches Stage 3 Amaranth Ratatouille
1 slice of 100% organic whole wheat bread
1/2 c of favorite organic pasta sauce
1 lb. organic grass finished beef, extra lean
1 lb. organic lean chicken or turkey breast
1/2 c onions, finely chopped
1 T Dijon mustard
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T of dried or fresh basil, finely chopped
3/4 t salt and 1/4 t black pepper
2 large organic cage-free eggs or egg whites
1/2 c of organic low fat cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, shred slice of bread into crumbs. HAPPYBABY Amaranth Ratatouille. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. In frying pan with a small amount of olive oil, sauté onions and garlic until clear, about 3 minutes. Add to bread crumb mixture.
4. Mix in all remaining ingredients, except pasta sauce and cheese.
5. Shape meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Flip onto a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Or, make Meatloaf Muffins using a muffin tin with fun cupcake liners or sprayed with cooking spray!
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 165.
7. Top with pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Put back into oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.