Have you been perfecting your family recipes for years? Have you ever wondered how your signature dishes would stack up against those of a professional chef?
You show off those skills at the 2013 NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo March 16 - and you might end up on a new NBC prime-time show!
We're hosting a casting call for a brand new NBC prime-time competition show that will pit the best home cooks against professional chefs.
In fact, the Expo is the only East Coast casting opportunity for this new NBC show. So if you think you have what it takes to take on the pros, tie up those apron strings and get down to the Expo.
Casting will occur at the Expo on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. All applicants MUST download and complete this form before auditioning.
It’s also strongly recommended that you bring one signature dish with you to the open casting call. Any dish can be presented as long as it fits on one plate. This is your chance to highlight your kitchen creation – so bring something that shows off your skills.
The following rules and regulations apply:
- You will not have access to any equipment to heat your food and we will not supply you with any dishes, etc.
- You must bring your own utensils including the plate, knives, forks, spoons, serving pieces etc. You will only be given a few minutes to plate your dish so bring whatever it is that you need to do that.
- Please think VERY carefully about the food that you bring, and how you will transport it to the open call.
- Please also take into consideration that you must be able to carry everything you need into the audition room.
- Do not worry if your dish is cold by the time it is tasted. Our food expert takes into account that you have had to prepare your dish at home and travel to the tasting audition. The temperature of your food will not detract from your overall score.
- Please remember you will have a short amount of time to plate the dish at a table, so come prepared and ready.
- Our food expert will try to taste every plate of food presented to him or her in the tasting room. (However, please note: there may be reasons that a food expert is unable to taste every dish - e.g. allergies, etc.)
- Applicants must be 18 years or older as of April 2013 and a legal resident of the United States.
The casting directors are looking for home cooks with serious skills and with the confidence to take down some trained chefs. As they say in their casting call:
We are looking for contestants who are bold, confident and have the skills and tenacity to take on the professionals! If you CAN stand the heat, now’s the time to get IN the kitchen!
The 2013 NBC4 Health and Fitness Expo will be held March 16 and 17 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (get a Google map here). Admission is free.