Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
The annual Pachyderm Parade will lead to road closures in downtown D.C. Tuesday as elephants amble through the streets.
The elephants will stroll into town as part of a parade that includes clowns, motorcycles, horses, donkeys and more, marking the arrival of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus at the Verizon Center.
This year's parade is set for Tuesday, March 19 at 8 p.m. Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area due to road closures.
The parade begins at the Capitol Power Plant (Virginia and New Jersey avenue SE ) and continue as follows:
• north on S. Capitol Street to Washington Avenue SE
• northwest on Washington Avenue to Independence Avenue SE
• west on Independence Avenue to 3rd Street SE
• north on 3rd Street to G Street NW
• west on G Street NW to the loading dock at the Verizon Center, arriving around 9 p.m.