Nancy Grace Sounds Off On Amanda Knox Verdict

By Access Hollywood
|  Thursday, Oct 13, 2011  |  Updated 11:38 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Nancy Grace: Knox Acquittal was "Miscarriage of Justice"

advertisement

On Monday, an Italian appeals court threw out Amanda Knox's murder conviction and freed the 24-year-old after she spent almost four years in prison, but HLN host and "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Nancy Grace feels justice was not served.

"I was very disturbed, because I think it is a huge miscarriage of justice," Nancy told Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson after Monday's "DWTS" when asked about the high profile trial that also saw her co-defendant, Raffaele Sollecito, cleared of killing 21-year-old Meredith Kercher in 2007.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Backstage At 'Dancing With The Stars': Shaun Robinson With The Celebs

"I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That's what I think happened," Nancy said, sharing her opinion.

Although the court overturned the conviction primarily based on discredited DNA evidence, Knox says she was not there the night of the murder, the Associated Press reported.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 13: Week 2 Highlights

"[Kercher] had her bedroom next to mine. She was killed in our own apartment. If I had been there that night, I would be dead," Knox told the court on Monday. "I did not kill. I did not rape. I did not steal. I wasn't there."

Many celebrities took to Twitter on Monday celebrating the verdict, but Nancy claims to have more information than most.

"I think that people in general, including myself, want to believe good about other people and the population wants to believe that Amanda Knox is innocent. They want to believe that and I don't blame them," she explained. "I'd like to believe it too, I just happen to know the facts."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 13: Cast Photos

With Knox headed back to the U.S., many are wondering who will land the first interview with the headline-maker, but the HLN host isn't throwing her hat into the ring.

"I'm not trying to get Amanda Knox's first interview because… my show does not pay for interviews in any way," Nancy told Shaun. "I think whether she gets paid outright or whether it's a licensing fee for a photograph, that's the way a lot of networks get around paying for interviews, I absolutely would not stand to be on a show where we pay for guests or interviews. Second, I don't think she's going to tell the truth anyway, so what's the point?"

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 13 Cast: Then & Now

On Tuesday morning, Knox was first seen heading home from Rome. She then touched down at Heathrow Airport in London on her way back to America.

Copyright 2011 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:

PLAY IT NOW: Nancy Grace Denies Having A 'Dancing' Wardrobe Malfunction!
PLAY IT NOW: Nancy Grace Responds To 'Glee' Makeover Comment

More from Access: [ Nancy Grace Dancing With the Stars Amanda Knox ]

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
Join the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Join the Ride To Conquer Cancer, Sept. 13... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out