Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
VENICE, ITALY - SEPTEMBER 06: Casey Affleck attends the 'I'm Still Here' premiere during the 67th Venice Film Festival at the Sala Grande Palazzo Del Cinema on September 6, 2010 in Venice, Italy. (Photo by Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)
Casey Affleck, director of the surreal documentary about actor Joaquin Phoenix’s attempt to start a hip-hop career, has reportedly settled two sexual harassment claims that were filed by two women who worked on the project, reports E! Online.
No details of the settlement have surfaced, but both parties seem ready to put the incidents surrounding the filming of “I’m Still Here” behind them.
“The disputes…in connection with the film ‘I’m Still Here’ have been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties and the lawsuits are being dismissed,” said a statement released by Affleck’s representatives to The Hollywood Reporter.
Amanda White and Magdalena Gorka, a producer and cinematographer respectively, filed suits against the “Ocean's Thirteen” star and his production company earlier this summer after quitting work on the film because of what they considered to be hostile work conditions.
White’s suit alleged that Affleck hired hookers to come to the set to harass she and Gorka and that she was subject to other vulgar treatment. She sought $2 million in damages, saying she never got paid her agreed upon sum of $50,000 for working on the film.
Gorka’s suit reinforced White’s claims and said that Affleck once tried to get into bed with her while he was drunk. She was seeking $2.5 million.
Representatives for Affleck said the lawsuits were “preposterous and without merit.”