Former hip hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight has been arrested on an outstanding warrant after being pulled over for a traffic violation in Los Angeles.
Police Officer Sara Faden said the founder of Death Row Records was stopped shortly after midnight Wednesday near Beverly Hills.
She declined to say what the alleged traffic violation was.
Officers determined Knight was wanted on a misdemeanor warrant and police took him into custody. Records show he was booked into county jail and released several hours later on $20,000 bail.
A warrant was issued for Knight's arrest in February after he skipped a court appearance for driving without a license.
Death Row Records helped make stars of rappers such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur.
Knight filed for bankruptcy in 2006.
More Southern California Stories:
- Principal Admits to Changing Students' Grades
- Principal Arrested on Drugs, Stolen Weapon Charges
- Help Sought to Find Woman's Killer
- Laundry Business Crash Rips Engine From Car
- Walk of Fame Star for Crooner Barry White
- Frog Blasted Into Air During Rocket Launch
- 9/11 "Bittersweet" for Young Family
- Rappers Pay for Slain 6-Year-Old's Funeral