Peaches Geldof's sad story just took another tragic twist.
The model and TV presenter died of an accidental heroin overdose, information that will officially revealed Thursday at an inquest, according to a report from London's Times newspaper.
Geldof was found dead April 7 at the home she shared with husband Thomas Cohen and their two children in Kent. At the time, authorities did not indicate that they were close to declaring her death the result of an overdose, though she had a history of drug use.
Eerily, Geldof's mother, Paula Yates, died of an accidental heroin overdose in 2000 at only 41 years old.
Geldof, 25, had posted a photo on Instagram of her as a child in her mother's arms just hours before she died.
Per the Times, police used drug-sniffing dogs during the course of their investigation but found no evidence of drug paraphernalia in the house, leading them to conclude that items were removed before authorities arrived. That part of the investigation--what happened to what Geldof would have needed to shoot or snort heroin--is still open.
Officials were waiting until the results came back ofrom toxicology tests performed during the autopsy to judge the need for an inquest. A brief hearing is scheduled for Thursday afternoon in Gravestead, Kent, after which the proceedings will reportedly be adjourned till July to ensure that Cohen and Bob Geldof are able to attend a full hearing.