Duran Duran is suing their suburban Chicago-based fan club, accusing it of breach its contract by not giving the band its promised revenue.
The English pop group, best for '80s hits like “Hungry Like the Wolf,” says in its lawsuit, filed Monday in Cook County Circuit Court, that it entered into a contract in 2010 with Worldwide Fan Clubs Inc. under which the company would create and manage a fan club for it.
The Glenview, Illinois-based fan club was also to warehouse and sell band merchandise, maintain accurate fan club records, collect membership fees, keep accurate accounting and give Duran Duran 75 percent of all profits, the suit alleges. Worldwide Fan Clubs would keep the other 25 percent.
The band is now claiming Worldwide Fan Clubs failed to keep accurate accounting records and make revenue payments to the band, according to the suit.
A representative from the company could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
Duran Duran is seeking at least $40,000 in damages.