The Virginia State Fair began Friday at the Meadow Event Park in Caroline County, Virginia. The family-friendly fair is filled with dozens of competitions, educational exhibits and live shows.
At the "Try your hand at milking a cow" exhibit, guests can attempt to milk a cow the old-fashioned way at Young MacDonald’s Farm.
Dogs flip and fly to catch discs out of the air as they race through obstacle courses At K9s in Flight.
And don’t forget to check out the Giant Watermelon Weigh-in competition Saturday. Watch as judges weigh watermelons in search of the heaviest one. A cash prize of $75 goes to the heaviest. Second place gets $50 and third place will receive $25.
The fair continues through next week until Sunday, Oct. 5.
Prices for general admission one day tickets to all concerts, attractions and exhibits are listed below.
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays:
- Adults: $15
- Youth (5 years old to 12 years old): $10
- Seniors (60 years old & up): $10
- Military: $10
- Children (4 years old and younger): FREE with paid adult admission
Monday through Thursday:
- Adults: $12
- Youth (5 years old to 12 years old): $8
- Seniors (60 years old & up): $8
- Military: $8
- Children (4 years old & younger): FREE with paid adult admission
For more information on all of the scheduled events, visit the Virginia State Fair’s official website here.