While the president was gearing up for his first State of the Union address to Congress, guests of Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller party were gearing up for their next drink at The George.
The recently launched news site hosted a soiree in which some guests turned the much-anticipated speech by the president into a suds-swilling competition. The rules went something like this:
- If Joe Wilson says, "You lie," chug your drink.
- If Joe Wilson is shown on camera, yell "You lie," then take a sip.
- If a Supreme Court Justice isn't standing, take a sip and then recite your Miranda rights.
- When Obama mentions Wall Street, punch the guy to your left, then take a drink.
- When Obama mentions the stimulus package, smack your forehead, then take a drink.
Needless to say, it was a Republican crowd.
Event coordinator Becca Glover gushed about the well-attended gathering. "It was a great opportunity to drink with friends!" she said.