Here’s our latest installment of the 10 hottest TV markets in the presidential contest (for the week of June 4 to June 10).
Some quick notes compared with last week: Norfolk, Va., remains the top market; just four states (Virginia, Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina) are on this top-10 list; Columbus, Ohio, goes from No. 4 to No. 2; Cedar Rapids, Iowa goes from No. 7 to No. 3; Charlotte goes from No. 8 to No. 5; and Colorado Springs, Colo., dropped out, meaning no Colorado markets are on this list.
Hottest Markets for this week 6/4-6/10 and in terms of advertising points:
- Norfolk-Portsmouth, VA (Romney/1500, Obama/825, Crossroads/630, Priorities/400)
- Columbus, OH (Romney/1500, Obama/815, Crossroads/600, Priorities/350)
- Cedar Rapids, IA (Obama/1600, Romney/850, Crossroads/600, Priorities/350)
- Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA (Romney/1500, Obama/815, Crossroads/750)
- Charlotte, NC (Romney/1500, Obama/750, Crossroads/600)
- Richmond, VA (Romney/1200, Obama/575, Crossroads/450, Priorities/350)
- Greensboro-High Point, NC (Romney/1000, Obama/700, Crossroads/675)
- Cincinnati, OH (Romney/1200, Obama/600, Crossroads/550)
- Des Moines, IA (Romney/850, Obama/550, Priorities/500, Crossroads/350)
- Greenville-Spartanburg, NC (Crossroads/1200, Obama/950)
- Raleigh-Durham, NC (Romney/900, Crossroads/700, Obama/575)
Chuck Todd is NBC News' Political Director and host of "The Daily Rundown," which can be seen at 9 a.m. weekdays on MSNBC. Read the national edition of First Read featuring Chuck, Mark Murray and Domenico Montanaro on msnbc.com.