The Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee took new nominations to fill the 24th District seat in the Maryland House of Delegates Tuesday evening.
County Orphans Court Judge Vicky Orem was the committee's top choice.
Former 24th District Delegate Darren Swain -- who served from 1999 to 2003 -- also submitted his name, but he was not among the committee's list of three.
Greg Hall, whose nomination last year was rescinded by Gov. Martin O'Malley after he met opposition from critics about his past, tried to resubmit his name but was denied.
Former Delegate Tiffany Alston lost the seat when she was convicted of stealing money from the state. She has argued that she deserved to get her seat back after the conviction was modified to probation before judgment.
- Court: Neither Alston, Hall Can Claim Md. House Seat
- Greg Hall: Not Out of Contention Yet
- Md. Issuing Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- VIDEO: Battle Over Md. Delegate Seat Goes to Court
- Md. House Nominee Wants to Block Withdrawal of Nomination
- Can Alston Keep Her Job?