The deadline to register to vote in Virginia for the presidential election is today.
To check your registration status visit Virginia’s Election and Registration Information System.
To register to vote, visit your local county election office or download a registration form here and mail it into your county election office (make sure it is postmarked by Oct. 15). You can also pick up a form at the DMV or a public library.
The deadline to vote in Maryland is tomorrow at 9 p.m. You can register to vote online here.
The deadline to register in D.C. has already passed. D.C. residents not yet registered can still go to the office of the Board of Elections and Ethics this week, or they can do same-day registration at their polling location Nov. 6. But ballots cast will be counted as provisional and be included in the final tally only after election officials deem it to have been cast by a qualified voter.
IN OTHER NEWS:
* Post Investigation: There have been no charges and arrests in 15 percent of closed homicide cases in D.C.
* Maryland incumbent Rep. Roscoe Bartlett has been running a low-key campaign despite facing his toughest election yet.
* Paul Ryan will be in Virginia Tuesday
* D.C. plans $30 million in renovations at 32 playgrounds
* Smart Growth proponents argue a study that said a vast majority of D.C. residents would still be commuting by car 30 years from now is based on faulty information.
* Former D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty still has a love affair with charter schools.