The 22-22 Washington Wizards lost to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday by a 110-103 score, dropping to 22-23 on the season.
It was the seventh time this season that the Wizards have blown an opportunity to have more wins than losses:
- Oct. 30 v. Detroit (Game 1): 113-102
- Dec. 6 v. Milwaukee (Game 19): 109-105 in overtime
- Jan. 1 v. Dallas (Game 29): 87-78
- Jan. 18 v. Detroit (Game 39): 104-98
- Jan. 22 v. Boston (Game 41): 113-111 in overtime
- Jan. 25 v. Utah (Game 43): 104-101
- Jan. 29 v. Los Angeles (Game 45): 110-103
Washington's allergic reaction to being a winning team dates back several years; the Wizards have not won a game to go over .500 since Oct. 31, 2009. Gilbert Arenas scored 32 points and Andray Blatche contributed a career-high 30 as the 1-1 Wizards improved to 2-1 in a 123-104 win over the New Jersey Nets at Verizon Center.
Since then, the Wizards have lost 11 straight games when they can go over .500.
Follow Adam on Twitter @AdamVingan and e-mail your story ideas to adamvingan (at) gmail.com.