There is no easy way to say this: Washington Nationals phenom Bryce Harper has officially deleted his Twitter.
"I just wanted to," Harper said to Nats Insider's Mark Zuckerman. "I was done."
- November 23, 2011: Harper shamelessly asks D.C. native/rapper Wale for a name-drop in a future song.
- December 25, 2011: On Christmas, Harper receives a puppy and names it Swag.
- January 30: Harper reaffirms his disdain for the Washington Redskins (though he was recently a good sport and wore a Redskins shirt during an interview), which becomes a common trend as he professes his love for the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Lakers and Duke Blue Devils
- February 2: Harper tweets this picture of his dinner, which looks like...something.
- February 13: Harper shows off his new car.
- February 17: Harper tweets that he just finished signing papers to buy his mother a house.
We bemoan the loss of Harper's Twitter, so in honor of its passing, express your love for front-running teams today. Go Cowboys (not really).