Washington Nationals' Roger Bernadina breaks his bat as he singles in a run during the sixth inning of a baseball game against the Colorado Rockies, Sunday, July 10, 2011, in Washington. Nationals' Ian Desmond scored on the play. The Nationals won 2-0. (AP Photo/Nick Wass)
Avid Nats fans know that Roger Bernadina’s nickname is "The Shark." As far as California Tortilla is concerned, “Sharkadina” translates to “free burritos.”
What started as an off-the-cuff
offer via the California Tortilla Twitter feed has become a full fledged Cal Tort promotion. The mission is simple -- take a pic of Roger Bernadina eating a fish taco and you can win free burritos for a year.
The contest took off, forcing the marketing geniuses at the company to come up with some guidelines:
1) The subject (Bernadina) must be asked permission in a polite fashion. Kindergarten etiquette applies.
2) Yes -- Bernadina can take the photo himself.
3) A teammate can also take the photo.
4) Cal Tort fish tacos have slaw in them -- so slaw must be visible
5) The free burritos for a year will be one (1) burrito per week for 52 weeks on a Burrito Elito Card.
6) Cal Tort will pick up to the five best photos submitted by August 3.
7) Photoshopped photos that make them laugh may be eligible for other prizes.
Nats fans, you have your mission.