We know a lot about our favorite athletes on the field. Their stats and bios are easily googled and we read about their on-field accomplishments often. But how much do we really know about them personally?
Since we’re curious, we’ve asked our favorite athletes to tell us 10 things that we don’t know about them.
Today we check in with the Capitals’ Jeff Halpern, who has decided to boycott a certain reality talent show.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me, Jeff Halpern
1. I love golf, reading, watching movies and hiking. My favorite book recently was Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
2. When I was a kid I lost my schoolbook, so at the end of the year I tried to cross out someone else’s name on the list and put mine in. I didn’t know that the teachers kept track of the serial numbers on the book so I got caught. My parents were not happy.
3. My everyday uniform is pajamas or shorts and a t-shirt.
4. I love Ireland. I went on a soccer trip there and soccer in Ireland is really physical. It’s like playing rugby.
5. I grew up playing soccer, mostly striker and sweeper. But hockey was always my first choice.
6. If I could go anywhere, I’d go to Italy and eat my way around.
7. I’m boycotting X Factor since Drew got voted off. They don’t get my money anymore.
8. If I had my choice of music to listen to in the locker room, it would be anything except what Ovi listens to. My faves are Eminem, Jay-Z and the Killers. I also like heavy metal and hard rock.
9. When I get dressed, I put the stuff on my left side on first. I also tap my shin pads before I put my tape on and I’m probably knocking on wood all throughout the game.
10. I’m a big dog lover. I have a black lab/pitbull mix named Patsy.
Previously on “10 Things”
- Capitals' Karl Alzner
- Capitals' Joel Ward
- Capitals' Troy Brouwer
- DC United's Charlie Davies
- Redskins' Reed Doughty
- Redskins' Adam Carriker
- Redskins’ Ryan Kerrigan